Ticket to Precision ManufacturingLocal head of household careers in the Advanced Manufacturing industry through modern apprenticeship
The precision manufacturing class was challenging, but in a way that was doable and kept me excited about the next day. I never felt bored or like we were repeatedly going over the exact same thing.”
I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn about and work with equipment I would otherwise not have access to. The support of the SLO Partners’ staff and the skills I learned gave me access to a rewarding career path.
Precision Manufacturing Boot Camp
This eight-week bootcamp will give local residents the opportunity to either upskill or enter a new career path through accelerated training. Gain essential skills like blueprint reading, precision measurement, lean principles and mechanical assembly. This course is in partnership with Cuesta College Engineering and co-sponsored by Degrees of Skill.
Next course is Summer 2021. Complete contact form below for more information.
The Next Steps
1. Contact Us
Submit the info form below and we’ll send you the details.
2. Attend Info Session
Learn about the bootcamps, and paid apprenticeship opportunities.
Apply and interview for a spot in the upcoming class.
Once you are accepted, you will be sent a link to register and pay fee.
5. Attend Bootcamp
If you pass the interview, we’ll invite you to attend the bootcamp! It will be a life-changing experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to interview for a paid apprenticeship with one of our hiring partners
Why was this program created?
In 7 years, the major private employer that contributes nearly a billion dollars to the county’s economy, the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant, will be closing. We must start today to create a more skilled workforce to enable economic growth in higher paying jobs in San Luis Obispo county. The purpose of the SLO Partners apprenticeship program is to create a career path and not just a job. We “screen for attitude and train for the aptitude”.
What type of students are you looking for?
Our primary focus is students with a great attitude and an openness to learn new skills. We don’t require existing tech or mechanical skills. Targeted students range from recent high school graduates hoping to find a well paying career without taking on student loan debt, Community College students looking to add to the skills they’ve learned and find a career that can grow with them, community members wanting to stay in SLO but needing a different career path to land a job here, to mom’s wanting to re-enter the workforce to veterans.
Why should I join an Apprenticeship?
- If you are someone who enjoys working in a team, problem solving, and learning new skills, the SLO Partners Apprenticeship program offers an opportunity to enter a career path with potential to earn head of household income, right here on the Central Coast.
- The local industry is growing rapidly, and in desperate need of motivated, reliable and ambitious individuals to help them grow.
- The SLO Partners program provides the foundational training these employers are looking for, and creates connections between our bootcamp graduates and the manufacturing business community.
- We’ve helped dozens of local community members level-up their skills and find a new career path.
How do I apply? What are the next steps?
Simply enter your contact information below, and we will send you an email with more information. The next step is to attend either an in-person or web-based info session, to learn more about the program and ask any questions you may have. After that, you’ll submit a full application, then be told whether you’re accepted to a program.
What are the three phases of the program?
- Phase 1: “Bootcamp Prep” – In this phase a large number of people are exposed to the key curriculum and from the group taking part in the pre-apprenticeship classes a smaller group will be chosen to proceed to phase 2,
- Phase 2: “Bootcamp” – In this phase additional coursework is provided that enable the apprentice to have the core skills required to proceed to phase 3 and begin their work experience.
- Phase 3: “Apprenticeship” – 1 year of paid on-the-job training with a local employer. Introductions to companies and interviews begin after coursework is complete and paid “on-the-job-training” begins when hired by employer.
What is the starting wage of a Production Technician in SLO County?
Typical starting wages range from $14-$18/hr on the Central Coast, but most provide opportunities for overtime, allowing you to earn even more. And average salaries for experienced manufacturing production workers in the U.S. is between $50K-$60K/year.
Please contact us for more information on bootcamps and apprenticeships.