Ticket Into TechLocal head of household careers in the tech industry through modern apprenticeship
There are some days, when I just think ‘this is awesome!’ …Apprenticeship has improved my life and has been a key to growing. I was looking for career options, and I felt like this was a great opportunity.
The things I learned during the Ticket into Tech bootcamp prepared me for the most difficult part of the apprenticeship. Finding a company that would consider my resume. My concerns with finding job opportunities dissipated when the companies came to speak to the class. There were so many local companies looking to fill entry level IT and software testing positions.
SLO Partners’ Ticket Into Tech apprenticeship program is designed to help hands-on problem solvers enter a new career path through an accelerated training bootcamp with connections to growing companies, and post-hire support. The program is provided through a partnership between SLO Partners, Fullstack Academy and Cal Poly Extended Education Coding Bootcamp. The program’s goal is to create head of household careers in the tech industry through apprenticeship in the local community.
SLO Partners’ IT Networking apprenticeship program is designed to help hands-on problem solvers enter a new career path through an accelerated training bootcamp with connections to growing companies, and post-hire support. The program is provided through a partnership between SLO Partners and CompTIA, the leader in IT training. This 12-week, live virtual instrutor led training will prepare you for a career in IT. Please complete the contact form below for more information.
To prepare for the 12 week class, students should take the Intro to IT Fundamentals course. We are happy to provide a %67 percent discount to SLO Partner students. Please use the following code when purchasing: cm844643JM67
The Steps to Tech
1. Contact Us
Submit the info form below and we’ll send you the details.
2. Attend Info Session
Learn about the bootcamps, and paid apprenticeship opportunities.
Apply and interview for a spot in the upcoming class.
4. Pay Deposit
Pay deposit – prices vary depending on the bootcamp.
5. Attend Bootcamp
If you pass the interview, we’ll invite you to attend the bootcamp! It will be a life-changing experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to interview for a paid apprenticeship with one of our hiring partners
Women who code Scholarship
SLO Partners and Fullstack Academy are proud to offer three (3) “Women Who Code” – $2,000 scholarships for our online Software Engineering Immersive bootcamp starting June 15th, 2020 and ending on December 19th, 2020. This 26 week, part time course prepares candidates for software development roles – currently one of the most in-demand professions and one of the most popular careers for remote working, offering greater freedom, flexibility and job security. Applications are now closed. Check back for future scholarship opportunities.
Why was this program created?
In 7 years, the major private employer that contributes nearly a billion dollars to the county’s economy, the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant, will be closing. We must start today to create a more skilled workforce to enable economic growth in higher paying jobs in San Luis Obispo county. The purpose of the SLO Partners apprenticeship program is to create a career path and not just a job. We “screen for attitude and train for the aptitude”.
What type of students are you looking for?
Our primary focus is students with a great attitude and an openness to learn new skills. We don’t require existing tech or mechanical skills. Targeted students range from recent high school graduates hoping to find a well paying career without taking on student loan debt, Community College students looking to add to the skills they’ve learned and find a career that can grow with them, community members wanting to stay in SLO but needing a different career path to land a job here, to mom’s wanting to re-enter the workforce to veterans.
Why should I join an Apprenticeship?
- If you are someone who enjoys working in a team, working with technology, and learning new skills, the SLO Partners Ticket Into Tech Apprenticeship program offers an opportunity to enter a career path with potential to earn head of household income, right here on the Central Coast.
- The local technology industry is growing rapidly, and in desperate need of motivated-talented individuals to help them grow.
- The SLO Partners program provides the foundational training these employers are looking for, and creates connections between our bootcamp graduates and the precision manufacturing business community.
- We’ve helped dozens of local community members level-up their skills and find a new, well paying career path.
How do I apply? What are the next steps?
Simply enter your contact information below, and we will send you an email with more information. The next step is to attend either an in-person or web-based info session, to learn more about the program and ask any questions you may have. After that, you’ll submit a full application, then be told whether you’re accepted to a program.
What are the three phases of the program?
- Phase 1: “Bootcamp Prep” – In this phase a large number of people are exposed to the key curriculum and from the group taking part in the pre-apprenticeship classes a smaller group will be chosen to proceed to phase 2,
- Phase 2: “Bootcamp” – In this phase additional coursework is provided that enable the apprentice to have the core skills required to proceed to phase 3 and begin their work experience.
- Phase 3: “Apprenticeship” – 1 year of paid on-the-job training with a local employer. Introductions to companies and interviews begin after coursework is complete and paid “on-the-job-training” begins when hired by employer.
What is the starting wage of a Software Developer in SLO County?
Average starting salary of a web developer in SLO County is approximately $56k/year. Average salary of a web developer with 2-3 years of experience is approximately $82K/year.
Please contact us for more information on tech bootcamps and apprenticeships