IT NetworkingEnhancing the IT workforce by providing on-ramps for individuals to receive industry-recognized IT training.
“This program gave me the tools to excel.”
A Class Built For Central Coast Learners
SLO Partners’ IT Networking apprenticeship program is designed to help hands-on problem solvers enter a new career path through an accelerated training bootcamp with connections to growing companies, and post-hire support. The program is provided through a partnership between SLO Partners and CompTIA, the leader in IT training. This 14-week, part-time live virtual instructor led training will prepare you for a career in IT.
To prepare for the 14 week class, students should take the Intro to IT Fundamentals course. We are happy to provide a 67% discount to SLO Partner students. Please use the following code when purchasing: cm844643JM67
Nine Skills You’ll Master
Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
Virtualization & Cloud Computing
Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts &set up client-side virtualization
Hardware & Network Troubleshooting
Troubleshoot device and network issues
Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT
A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
- The only credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment
- Trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles
- Regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
What To Expect
This learning experience has been customized specifically for students on the Central Coast. The small, online class will be live and instructor led. Class will be from 5:30 – 9:30 pm on weekdays. Expect 10 – 12 hours of homework per week.
This special class will also offer students the opportunity to learn resume building, interviewing skills, customer service skills, team work and other professional skills critical to a successful career.
It is recommended that students have common knowledge and use of technology (i.e. phone, computers, email, internet) and access to an adequate computer.
The Next Steps
1. Contact Us
Submit the info form below and we’ll send you the details.
2. Attend Info Session
Learn about the bootcamps, and paid apprenticeship opportunities.
Apply and interview for a spot in the upcoming class.
4. Pay Deposit
Pay deposit – prices vary depending on the bootcamp.
5. Attend Bootcamp
If you pass the interview, we’ll invite you to attend the bootcamp! It will be a life-changing experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to interview for a paid apprenticeship with one of our hiring partners
Tuition is $4,231.20 for the 14-week Online Live Intructor-Led class. Students will need to make a $500 dollar initial deposit at enrollment with the remaining balance due one week prior to the first day of the cohort.
Apply to our Women in Tech Scholarship
SLO Partners is proud to offer three (3) “Women In Tech” – $1,000 scholarships for our online IT Networking bootcamp. Deadline: October 16, 2020
There are some days, when I just think ‘this is awesome!’ …Apprenticeship has improved my life and has been a key to growing. I was looking for career options, and I felt like this was a great opportunity.
The things I learned during the Ticket into Tech bootcamp prepared me for the most difficult part of the apprenticeship. Finding a company that would consider my resume. There were so many local companies looking to fill entry level IT positions.
Women In Tech Scholarship
SLO Partners is proud to offer three (3) “Women In Tech” – $1,000 scholarships for our online IT Networking bootcamp starting November 2, 2020 and ending on February 19, 2021. This 14 week, part time course prepares candidates for careers in technology – currently one of the most in-demand and growing professions. No prior experiece is required to enroll in the program, however taking the IT Fundamentals course is highly recommended. Please use the following code when purchasing: cm844643JM67
Why was this program created?
In 7 years, the major private employer that contributes nearly a billion dollars to the county’s economy, the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant, will be closing. We must start today to create a more skilled workforce to enable economic growth in higher paying jobs in San Luis Obispo county. The purpose of the SLO Partners apprenticeship program is to create a career path and not just a job. We “screen for attitude and train for the aptitude”.
What type of students are you looking for?
Our primary focus is students with a great attitude and an openness to learn new skills. Targeted students range from recent high school graduates hoping to find a well paying career without taking on student loan debt, Community College students looking to add to the skills they’ve learned and find a career that can grow with them, community members wanting to stay in SLO but needing a different career path to land a job here, to mom’s wanting to re-enter the workforce to veterans.
Why should I join an Apprenticeship?
- If you are someone who enjoys working in a team, working with technology, and learning new skills, the SLO Partners Ticket Into Tech Apprenticeship program offers an opportunity to enter a career path with potential to earn head of household income, right here on the Central Coast.
- The local technology industry is growing rapidly, and in desperate need of motivated-talented individuals to help them grow.
- The SLO Partners program provides the foundational training these employers are looking for, and creates connections between our bootcamp graduates and the precision manufacturing business community.
- We’ve helped dozens of local community members level-up their skills and find a new, well paying career path.
How do I apply? What are the next steps?
Apply directly or simply enter your contact information below, and we will send you an email with more information. The next step is to attend either an in-person or web-based info session, to learn more about the program and ask any questions you may have. After that, you’ll submit a full application, then be told whether you’re accepted to a program.
What are job roles with an A+ certification?
Jobs in IT are among the best paying and new ones are being created every day. While landing a job depends on many factors, A+ certification is a powerful and respected credential that employers trust.
Here are a few jobs and average salaries:
Support specialist: $50,500
Field service technician: $46,000
Desktop support analyst: $55,000
Help desk tier 2 support: $42,000
Please contact us for more information on tech bootcamps and apprenticeships